Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Week 10: Partnering with the Holy Spirit in Powerful Evangelism!

This last week was absolutely amazing as our speaker, David Gava, did far more than just teach- he worked with the Holy Spirit to effectively equip us for outreach, no longer a far-off eventuality but an immediate actuality!

He spoke on evangelism and emphasized the importance of really coming into the knowledge of what we have been given in Christ, because "if you know what you've been given, you can go out and give it! But if you don't know what you've been given, you can't go out and give it because you don't know what you have" :) He also challenged us to think about what it would be like if we began to work with the Holy Spirit in evangelism. Jesus only ever went where He saw His Father working and even then, worked not out of His own power but out of God's power in Him! We actually have the potential to do all the things Jesus did and more if we stop trying to do things for God's kingdom out of our own limited knowledge and ability but rather partner with the Holy Spirit! The age of signs and miracles is not over - David and other speakers before him have countless testimonies to make this quite clear. Rather, God's infinite imagination is working greater miracles all around the world today than ever before: people are being raised from the dead, money is falling out of loaves of bread, there are countless healings and countless deliverances...  And I believe that if I am in constant submission to and communion with the Father through the Holy Spirit, He will do unthinkable works through me! He will lead me to where He is already working and thoroughly equip me to work alongside Him and in Him. He will give me words of knowledge for people I have never met and will heal the sick that are brought before me. I will cast out demons in His name and reap the plentiful harvest that is waiting! As David said, "God is not looking for ability, He is looking for availability". I don't know what ability I have but I do know this: I have never been more available!

So stay tuned as, like Jesus, I go where the Father leads and partner with Him in the amazing things He is doing in Haiti and beyond. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment