Sunday, March 13, 2011

The last few weeks

First off, I'd like to apologize for how long it's been since I last posted something here. These last few weeks have been pretty crazy busy (and I must admit, I've just been a bit lazy in regards to this blog). As the countdown until outreach begins to truly wind down, I find my free time being all but cut out of my life as I go from lectures to work duties to outreach team meetings to the video editing studio...

Despite being busy, these last few weeks have been full of great teaching and fun times. Two weeks ago, our topic was spiritual warfare and our speaker, Jills Bills really opened my eyes how finite our enemy is! He is a created being in no way equal to our God: he is not omnipotent, omnipresent, or all-knowing. His power is limited and his authority is actually smaller than ours! This really made me feel empowered to actually make a difference in the spiritual realm. This topic flowed into this last week as we learned about worship in warfare. We learned about how great an effect our worship can actually have on the place we are in! For this reason, it is so important that we be intentional in our worship, fixing our eyes on God and making Him the subject of our full adoration and attention. I also benefited from some extra time just spent in worship. As I turned my focus from my hectic schedule, tight finances and homesickness to God, He was so faithful to comfort me and restore joy to me.

A few weekends ago, a few of us drove 2 and a half hours east to the Riverside County Fair in Indio, where I introduced my international friends to the wonders of fair food, demolition derbies and unlimitted ride wristbands. Our amazing day of funnel cakes and ferris wheels ended with (can you believe it?) a SWITCHFOOT concert! We got there two hours before the show started and braved the cold to win amazing spots right up at the front. Not only did this allow me a pretty spectacular view of Switchfoot's top-notch performance but it also meant that I made contact with Jon Foreman's hand on not one, but two occasions! I guess that makes us basically best friends now (though we were already pretty tight before, after all, do follow him on Twitter!)



On a slightly different note, things for our Haiti outreach are really starting to come together. A major door opened for us to stay in Port-au-Prince, working with Homes of Hope, serving at the YWAM base and doing urban evangelism for the first four weeks. The second half will be spent in Gonaives doing ministry around the base there as well and working primarily amongst the Haitian churches. We'll be focusing on connecting the various churches to each other and to YWAM, as well as just serving where we're needed. The opportunities of course, are endless. As a team, we are committed to continually listening to the Holy Spirit and being sensitive to whatever work He would have us do!

Please continue to pray for our finances, as we are all still short. If you feel led to help support me individually or my team as a whole, please send any checks to:
YWAM LA 
11141 Osborne St.
Lake View Terrace 
CA 91342
Thank you so much for going on this adventure with me! As always, I will keep you posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment