Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Why you should send me a letter and/or package

You may be one of those people who thinks that thanks to the miracle of the internet and Facebook, hand-written letters are obsolete, and stamps are only good for collecting. You may be right, but this doesn't change the fact that I absolutely LOVE getting mail!
If you have ever thought to yourself hmm... I wonder how I can bless Emily and let her know I've been thinking of her, search no more! The secret to making me happy lies in an envelope :) Nothing brings a smile to my face like opening my mail box and finding a beautiful rectangular piece of paper with my name on it. In case you are not convinced, I have compiled a list of reasons why you most certainly should send me a letter/postcard/package:
1. It will let me know you care about me.
2. I will most likely write you back and then you too can experience the joy of receiving mail!
3. It supports the US Postal Service!
4. You get to lick a stamp... No feeling like the feeling of licking a stamp...
5. You can give me things no matter where you are in the world! You can't give people things over Facebook. Fact.
6. Hand writing a letter, stuffing the envelope, licking the stamp and walking to the mail-box burns calories! You can show me you love me AND work off those pounds from the holiday season...
7. Paul wrote letters. And Paul was an immitator of Christ. So Christ probably wrote letters. And we should be like Jesus. Soo... yeah, that's a bit of a stretch. But Jesus would want you to write me a letter.

So what are you waiting for? Go send me some mail :)

Emily Crane c/o Youth With A Mission Winter DTS
11141 Osborne Street
Lake View Terrace, CA
91342

3 comments:

  1. Ok. I got the message. I will put down my laptop and go see if I can find a piece of paper and an envelope. Hmmm. I know that we have some envelopes somewhere around here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it! For the first time in about a decade I wrote a letter, put a stamp on it and mailed it. How quaint. I am going to put it in the mailbox now. BTW, I believe that you're Mom sent you a care package today, so you have some fun mail to to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And how do we write now you're in Haiti??

    ReplyDelete